I love packing lunches for school and work. I am always on the lookout for new quick and healthy recipes! My inspiration for this one came from the “Famille Futée 2” cookbook, it is similar but my version is a little healthier (in my opinion). It incorporates my favourite ingredients–pasta, basil, red onion, and zucchini…
I hope you enjoy!
Makes 1 portion (332 calories for the low-calorie option, no oil & no feta)
- 100g of cooked farfalle (or any small pasta)
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas
- Half of a small red onion, chopped
- A handful of cherry tomatoes (I used about 7), cut in quarters
- A handful of Basil leaves, chopped
- Half of a zucchini, chopped in tiny cubes
- The juice from half a lemon
- Salt, pepper and oregano
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (OPTIONAL, if not low-calorie)
- 1/4 cup of crumpled feta (OPTIONAL, if not low-calorie)
- In a bowl to mix, add the cooked farfalle, the chickpeas, the cherry tomatoes, onions and the basil (for those bringing a lunch at work or school and do not want to have onion-breath, I suggest adding the onions to the zucchini. If the onion is cooked, it will not give you bad breath).
- Heat a tablespoon of water in a non-stick pan (OR USE THE OLIVE OIL) on medium heat
- Add the chopped zucchini (and red onion, if desired) in the pan and cook until tender, season with salt and pepper
- Add the zucchini mixture to the salad, add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and oregano and add the feta cheese (if using).
- Mix well!
- Enjoy a delicious and simple lunch…
The nutritional information does not include the optional ingredients!