As a lover of sandwiches, I strongly vouch for this one! It’s healthy, filling, and it’ll give you your daily dose of chickpeas. It’s so simple to make and its delicious. Similar to the tuna sandwich, this one gives you way more nutritional benefits as it contains more essential vitamins. As a plant-based protein, chickpeas help control blood sugar levels, improve digestion because of its high fibre content, and is a lot better for the gut than tuna. So get in the kitchen and try this recipe out!
On a side note, I’ve recently discovered the “Ezequiel sesame” bread and I am obsessed. It’s definitely the best bread I’ve ever tried, and encourage you to try it too!
Makes 1 portion (402 calories)
- 2 slices of Ezequiel sesame sprounted grain bread (any bread will do!)
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of hummus
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- A bunch of spinach leaves
- Toast your bread to your preferred crunchiness
- Mix the chickpeas with the hummus & mustard
- Using a fork, mash the chickpeas until they become a thick paste
- Construct your sandwich with the chickpea paste and the spinach