My favourite drink to get at any café is the *matcha latte*. I love it with almond milk, with soy milk, and especially with oat milk. I love it so much, that I decided to recreate it in my morning oats. I love this recipe; the oats get so creamy and it’s so satisfying and warm!
Matcha is proven to have many health benefits―it boosts the metabolism, aids in your body’s detoxification process, and is packed with powerful antioxidants. Read more about it here, here and here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Makes 1 portion (214 calories)
- 1/4 cut of large oats (or any type of oats, use your favourite kind!)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant milk you prefer)
- 1 tsp of matcha
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- For toppings: a handful of green grapes, a pinch of ground flax seeds & hemp hearts (coconut flakes would taste great in this too!)
- In a small pot over medium heat, heat the oats and water until boiling, stir often
- When the oats have thickened, add the plant milk and the matcha
- Whisk until the matcha has incorporated, your oats should be green
- Put the oats in your bowl, add the maple syrup and mix well
- Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!